My Trip To Dublin

For my 25th Birthday I decided to book a trip away for the weekend to go to Dublin, my birthday is actually on May 27th but due to work I had to celebrate a week early. I went away for the weekend and had an amazing time, in this post I'll be doing a small detailed post on what I got up to but over the next few weeks I'll be posting on my travel blog in much more detail off everything I got up.



I stayed in a hotel a short walk away from the centre near St Stephens Green in a hotel called Leeson Inn Downtown. It was a great basic hotel with some lovely interior and features downstairs and then once I had walked up the three flights of stairs to my room I entered a much more basic style of room that was a little bit of a let down.


I walked through town on my first day and went around the stores on the main street called Grafton Street which had a lot of great high street stores as well as upmarket shopping centres with Miu Miu stores, MAC and Hermes. I had dinner at Yo!Sushi before walking back to my hotel for a good nights sleep.


On my second day I got up early and walked straight to Dublin Castle which is very lovely and impressive, it has some great sights and looks much more modern then you think. Then I walked a short walk over to Christ Church which was very impressive and looks so grand, it also has a crypt which impressed me. I then walked to Dublinia which was very fun and great to learn all about vikings, I had a lovely tour and got to see some amazing sights from St Michaels tower.


After all that walking I needed a rest so booked myself onto the tour bus and sat through the tour before deciding on what to do next. I opted to get off at Kilmainham Gaol which I didn't realise you needed to book! So after being let down I got back onto the bus and went back to the shops on Mary Street and Henry Street, I went into the grand store of Penneys and was very surprised to see a nail salon and hair salon as well as much more bargains then the UK stores.

After a great time around the city I went into a Chinese restaurant called Chai-Yo which was very nice and looked very impressive, the food was good and the atmosphere from the staff was great. It's a little on the pricey side as a meal cost me 30 Euro's but it was worth it.

Flying back to the UK was hard to do as Dublin is such a pretty and nice city with such lovely and friendly people! Where about's in Europe have you always wanted to go?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment