Spending Time At Home

Sometimes I confuse my friends as I say I'm going home and they always think I mean my house where I live but I actually mean back to Birmingham. I grew up and lived there for 16 years before moving to a small and odd place called Banbury, to this day if people ask I still say Birmingham or Oxford is where I live as I have never accepted Banbury as my hometown even after living here for 7 years.

This weekend I spent the day at my favorite park growing up called Lickey Hills which is a park and woodland area with a cute little tea shop and place to learn all about nature. Growing up my mum would always say let's go to Lickey Hills and I would love to go and walk the 100 steps or the mile walk to Barnt Green, knowing that after I would be rewarded with a half hour play on the park.





So taking my little brother was a real treat and seeing him walk the familiar route and seeing his reaction to the newly blossomed bluebells was a really nice experience. But to share this with both my mum and my nan was even more special as I got to see them witness my brothers joy and it was a really nice happy day, the cake at the end in the tea shop was also a bonus but seeing my brother play where I use to and see the things I saw as a child was a really nice happy experience.



I hope you enjoyed this post and enjoyed the pictures of the day, let me know below in the comments your favorite place to go which brings back your childhood memories.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment