Beauty | Wilko Wax Strips

An odd post for you today and one I thought I wouldn't be writing up, I'm normally a shaving fan but I have a few events and holidays all in one week so I decided to try out some wax strips from the Wilko brand. There a high street chain and sell all sorts of everyday products including wax strips. Starting from £1 they have body strips, face strips and also bikini line strips, they also do hair removal creams and other waxing products.




I opted to test the bikini line strips first as they were sensitive and smaller to use, they have easy to read instructions and comes with 20 strips that just need to be rubbed to warm up and placed on the skin. With one quick pull I had removed the strip and found it wasn't painful at all, it also removed around 90% of the body hair I needed to remove. Each pack includes 4 after waxing wipes that I used on the area and it worked really well, the area was red and has raised bumps for the rest of that day but after it went back to normal.



Up next was the body wax strips and I used them on my legs, at first I was scared so I cut the strips in half and opted to pull smaller strips. Again there was a small amount of pain and it removed around 90% of the hair. Once I had some more confidence I use the bigger strips and found they work just as well. With the remaining hair I just plucked them out with tweezers this took no more then 5 minutes and was an effective way to get rid of the hair, I didn't want to shave them as I knew they would grow back uneven.



I was very surprised and happy with the results from the wax strips and would happily purchase them again, they do the job and are affordable with no mess or harm. What brand do you reach for when it comes to waxing?


No comments:

Post a Comment