Going From Full Time To Part Time

Finding a full time job has got to be one of the hardest things I had to do in my retail career, so when I put my notice in at work I was questioned by everyone who knows me as to why I had given up a 40 hour job to go for a 14 hour job. Today I wanted to do a blog post on my reasons why and also explain my plans for the future.

The location of the full time job is 2 miles from my house and all local buses have decided to stop running as of a few days ago meaning I have to now walk 4 miles each day just to work. I had already tried learning to drive and don't enjoy bike riding so my only option is to walk which I really don't enjoy especially leaving at 7.30am and then getting home at 9.30pm. I shall now be working in town which is a 20 minute walk from my house.

Another reason is feeling tired all the time, with work making me do 9-6 one day and then 11-8 then next my body clock is all over the place and makes me feel very groggy all the time. I shall now be working between the hours of 9-6 which suits me and my grogginess well.

I never had time to do anything and live my life which was making me feel low and causing me emotional distress. I like to keep very busy so now my average hours with overtime is 20 I shall be able to do more things and focus so more on my vlog and also my blog.

So that is pretty much the low down of why I have gone from full time to part time, this mean I shall be blogging more and going to more events as well as being able to work alongside more PR's which I'm looking forward to. I have lots planned with my blog which can now fall into place and happen.

Have any of you gone from full time to part time, how did you cope?


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it will be alot of stress of your shoulders no more long weeks and more blogging time!

    ReplyDelete