Blogmas Day Seven - Birmingham Christmas Market

This weekend I was lucky enough to visit the Christmas Market over in Birmingham, it's one of the best I've been to and I always try to go each year. It's a market that goes throughout the city starting at the Bullring going right the way up to the Victoria Square and has over 180 stalls.



There is plenty to see and do at the markets, the main attraction being the bars selling large jugs of German beer. The bars line the streets and get full pretty quick, they have seating areas and there's also warm drinks if you do get to cold. As well as drinks there are plenty of food stalls selling traditional German food or sweets which is always a pleasure to see on a cold night.

The main reason people go to markets is off course the craft stools which are a scattered through the bars and food stalls. I love how everything is handmade and it's all on display looking very festive, however it can get very repetitive as they have the same things on each stalls which is rather annoying.

So if you are about in Birmingham and have some spare time I would highly recommend visiting the Frankfurt Markets! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera so I would unable to get any pictures!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment