Lifestyle | How I Run Two Blogs

Running a blog can be very stressful and wear you down, however it can also be extremely fun and rewarding. So when I opted to run a second blog two years ago I had no idea what I was getting myself into and also if it was a good or bad idea, over the last few years I've learnt some tips and tricks and how to successfully run two blogs and wanted to share them with you now.



My main blog the one you're reading now is my Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion blog it's one I've run from the start and love to post on, however when I got the idea to start a travel blog I didn't see it fitting in with the style of posts I was currently writing so I made the decision to start up a new blog which you can read here Travel Blog

One of the best tips I can give is to bulk write and bulk take pictures as this will make your life a lot easier, instead of panic writing a blog post on the day and then trying to take a picture in dark lighting. When I bulk write I can do up to 10 blog posts in one day and then the next day or free day I will take all the pictures in good daylight for those posts before putting it all together and having 10 blog posts all scheduled and ready to go.



I also write up my months plan on the first of each month this is either in the morning or when I'm free I will sit down with a cup of tea and write up all the posts I'm going to do for that month. I never go further than a month due to changes or fashion changes but I like to get the full month done. I will do this my jotting it all down in a calendar which I also write down the twitter chats on to promote my posts and join in on chats.

If I need to take a break or have a little time away then I will, when it comes to my travel blog if I'm on a break or away I will put up a upcoming post letting people know that once I'm back they can see all my posts on my recent travels. Or if I need a break from my beauty blog it's easy to get guest posts scheduled on there as other bloggers will always be looking out for another blogger in need.

So those are some of my tips and tricks to running two blogs, let me know if it's helped you in anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment